Frequently Asked Questions

What is TRAQ?

TRAQ is an ISA qualification that follows a standardized and systematic process of assessing tree risk.

How much will it cost?

Each report is different and depends on the type of construction or development, and the number of trees on site. Please send us your site plan and survey on our contact page, and we can get a quote for you! Don't forget to include your name and email address.

How long will it take?

Our turn around time is roughly 1-2 weeks depending on the scale of the project.

What is an arborist report?

An arborist report contains an inventory of all the by-law applicable trees on your property, which may include neighbour and off-site (city) trees. It will identify the species, size and condition of the trees. It will mention what trees need to be removed or protected on your property in order to build on the property.

Do you prune or remove trees?

We do not prune or remove trees. We also do not provide tree topping services.

Where can I buy replacement trees?

We work with Green Acres Tree Farm to obtain replacement trees. Please view their website at

What are the replacement tree requirements?

Most cities require that for every 1 tree removed, 2 trees must be planted on site to replace it. Some cities require more or less. Your arborist report will include how many replacement trees are required on your site.

What type of sign do I need to put on the tree fencing?

This is an example of the 'No Entry' signs that must be placed on the tree barriers. Feel free to use it on your site.

What do you need to prepare an arborist report?

We need the following items in order to provide you with a complete arborist report; Topographical survey Site plan of proposed build Location of driveways, hardscape, and retaining walls Location of service lines such as; Sanitary, Storm, Water, Gas, Electrical, Septic Access to the outside of the property

How can I pay?

We accept the following payment methods; Cheque, please make out to: Woodridge Tree Consulting Arborists Our mailing address is: 130 - 1959 152nd Street Suite #521 Surrey, BC V4A 0C4 Credit Card, we accept VISA or Mastercard. Pay online via the invoice payment link or call the office with your card information Paypal and etransfer, please send to Remember to send us the answer to the security question.

Where can I find information about the city's bylaws?

City of Abbotsford City of Burnaby City of Coquitlam City of Delta City of Maple Ridge City of New Westminster City of North Vancouver District of North Vancouver City of Port Coquitlam City of Port Moody City of Surrey City of Richmond District of West Vancouver City of White Rock City of Vancouver

What do you need to get a quote for an arborist report?

For an arborist report, we require a site survey and/or site plan with the tree locations in order to provide a quote. Please see our contact page for a quote.